I’ve spent quite a while developing and refining this knife to get to something that I feel creates the perfect kitchen workhorse.
The blade is 2mm 80CRV2 “Swedish saw steel”, flat ground with a “brute de forge” finish. The handle is oiled oak with red G10 liners and brass pins.
The blade shape is roughly based on a Thai “meat knife” which has been my go-to kitchen knife for years, with a few refinements of my own. The subtle curve makes it great for chopping herbs and the deep blade is fantastic for veg, while the point and razor edge lets you trim and chop meat with ease. A great all rounder!
The knife can be ordered with or without a sheath. If you intend to keep it in a block or on a mag-strip, then the sheath is unnecessary. If it is to live in a drawer, then in order to protect the blade and your fingers, I recommend ordering the sheath too!
These knives are made to order, and may take between 3-6 weeks to fulfil. Please contact me if you have a deadline to hit!
- Blade: 150mm full tang 80CRV2 with flat grind and “Brute de Forge” finish.
- Handle: Oak with brass pins and G10 liners, finished in Tung oil and Beeswax
- Sheath (optional): 3mm hand stitched veg tanned leather, waxed finish.
- Blade: the blade is 80CRV2 high carbon steel and will rust if not looked after. Thoroughly clean and dry the blade after each use, especially after preparing acidic foods such as citrus fruit or tomatoes. Periodically (or before storage) rub with a food-safe oil such as cooking / olive oil, and wipe off excess.
- Handle: The wood is finished with Tung oil and buffed with a. beeswax polish. To keep it protected I recommend periodic re-treatment with food-safe beeswax polish. The knife is supplied with a recipe to make your own!
- Sheath (if included): The leather sheath is finished in wax. I can heartily recommend Paul Sullivan’s 5 Star Leather Care wax. Google it!
- Washing: Keep the knife clean and dry – wipe clean and then dry thoroughly immediately after use. Try and avoid detergents. For pity’s sake, don’t put it anywhere near a dishwasher!
UK BUYERS PLEASE NOTE:
THIS KNIFE IS FOR SALE TO OVER 18s ONLY. By completing this purchase you certify that you are over 18 years of age and that you understand UK laws on carrying of knives and bladed articles. We may ask for ID / proof of age to be submitted before completing any purchase. Please don’t be offended, it’s the law – and if you want small knife makers to stay in business, then its a small inconvenience to ensure we keep everyone happy!