*** RESERVED ***
A one-off piece, this hand forged chef’s knife is utterly unique and is as beautiful as it is functional.
The blade is hand forged from 1084 high carbon steel before being flat ground to a stunningly sharp edge, but leaving a “brute de forge” finish on the majority of the blade. The handle is a stylish octagonal design, formed from Finnish curly birch, trimmed with wenge, black G10 and a solid brass bolster. This is then finished with layers of tung oil and buffed with beeswax polish.
The blade shape is akin to a Japanese “gyuto” …A great all rounder!
The knife currently has no sheath, but if you are interested I can make one to fit for £30 extra. If you intend to keep it in a block or on a mag-strip, then the sheath is unnecessary. If it is to live in a drawer, then in order to protect the blade and your fingers, I recommend ordering the sheath too!
These knife is forged, finished and ready to go! (unless you want a sheath making!!)
- Blade: 175mm hidden tang 1084 with flat grind and “Brute de Forge” finish.
- Handle: Finnish curly birch, wenge, black G10 trim, brass bolster
- Blade: the blade is 1084 high carbon steel and will rust if not looked after. Thoroughly clean and dry the blade after each use, especially after preparing acidic foods such as citrus fruit or tomatoes. Periodically (or before storage) rub with a food-safe oil such as cooking / olive oil, and wipe off excess.
- Handle: The wood is finished with Tung oil and buffed with a beeswax polish. To keep it protected I recommend periodic re-treatment with food-safe beeswax polish. The knife is supplied with a recipe to make your own!
- Sheath (if included): My handmade leather sheaths are finished in wax. I can heartily recommend Paul Sullivan’s 5 Star Leather Care wax. Google it!
- Washing: Keep the knife clean and dry – wipe clean and then dry thoroughly immediately after use. Try and avoid detergents. For pity’s sake, don’t put it anywhere near a dishwasher!
UK BUYERS PLEASE NOTE:
THIS KNIFE IS FOR SALE TO OVER 18s ONLY. By completing this purchase you certify that you are over 18 years of age and that you understand UK laws on carrying of knives and bladed articles. We may ask for ID / proof of age to be submitted before completing any purchase. Please don’t be offended, it’s the law – and if you want small knife makers to stay in business, then its a small inconvenience to ensure we keep everyone happy!