The “Deershaw” is a mid-sized general purpose knife with a 3mm full tang blade and a compact and manageable size and weight. This handmade knife features a 95mm long blade in O1 tool steel, with a slight drop-point and a razor-sharp 15 degree Scandinavian grind. The blade has a “scaled” finish, which adds character. The handle is of salvaged oak, with red G10 liners. It is securely bonded onto the full tang with epoxy and secured with two 6mm brass pins and a 6mm brass lanyard ferrule. The handle is ergonomically shaped and finished in tung oil and beeswax.
The sheath is cut and stitched by hand from 3mm veg-tanned leather and made bespoke to fit this individual knife. It features a traditional direct belt loop with a press stud so it can be taken on and off without undoing your belt. This also means it can easily be converted into a Nordic-style “dangler” if you wish. The leather is stained light tan and finished with Paul Sullivan’s 5 star leather care wax.
This is a bespoke item – there is only one in stock so there’s only one chance to grab this unique knife!
- Blade: 95mm full tang 01 tool steel with 15 degree Scandinavian grind
- Handle: 100mm reclaimed oak with red G10 liners
- Sheath: 3mm hand stitched veg tanned leather, waxed finish.
- Blade: the blade is 01 Steel and will rust if not looked after. Thoroughly dry and oil after use with a light gun oil. You may use cooking / olive oil if you are worried about contamination with food.
- Handle: The wood is finished with tung oil. To keep it protected I recommend regular re-oiling.
- Sheath: The leather sheath is finished in wax. I can heartily recommend Paul Sullivan’s 5 Star Leather Care wax. Google it!
UK BUYERS PLEASE NOTE:
THIS KNIFE IS FOR SALE TO OVER 18s ONLY. By completing this purchase you certify that you are over 18 years of age and that you understand UK laws on carrying of knives and bladed articles. We may ask for ID / proof of age to be submitted before completing any purchase. Please don’t be offended, it’s the law – and if you want small knife makers to stay in business, then its a small inconvenience to ensure we keep everyone happy!